Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults
Safeguarding Children, young people and vulnerable adults has had an increasing profile within society following several well publicised local and national incidents involving children and vulnerable adults. At a national level there is specific legislation relating to responsibilities of organisations for safeguarding children. The situation for safeguarding adults is different as there are national guidelines that are supported by current general legislation rather than specific legislation. In both cases there are local and regional policies and strategies. NHS Doncaster is committed to fulfilling our responsibilities to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults, who are most at risk of abuse or neglect.
The Trust is committed to actively promoting the health and well-being of children and adults and to prevent harm wherever possible through effective risk assessment, risk management, staff training and supervision processes and working in partnership with other agencies through the use of approved multi-agency procedures to refer and investigate known or suspected cases as required.
Our Vision and Values
NHS Doncaster are committed to working with vulnerable people, families and carers as well as our partners, to reduce the risk of abuse, support safety and respond effectively when abuse has taken place. When appropriate we are also committed to promoting independence and choice.
- We believe that everyone has the right to live free from abuse in accordance with the principles of respect, dignity, autonomy, privacy and equity.
- We believe that vulnerable people who are susceptible to abuse should receive the highest priority for assessment and support
- We believe that the protection of vulnerable people is the responsibility of all agencies including NHS Doncaster.
Our aim is that we work with local people, patients, families, carers and our partners, so that children, young people and adults at risk are:
- Safe and able to protect themselves from abuse and neglect;
- Treated fairly and with dignity and respect;
- Protected when they need to be; and
- Able to easily get the support, protection and services that they need
To achieve this we will:
- Effectively lead the local health community
- Commission high quality services that exceed the expectations of our public
- Develop our staff and workforce through appropriate training, support and supervision
- Build strong partnerships
- Develop effective assurance frameworks
Safeguarding Children and Young People
Mental Capacity Act (2005)
Mental Capacity Act/DOLs
TB Global Emergency 'A reality in Yorkshire and the Humber'Posted: March 22nd, 4:15pmTuberculosis (TB) experts in Yorkshire and the Humber are warning that more needs to be done to tackle the health burden of TB in Yorkshire and the Humber as World TB Day on Sunday 24th March approaches.
Views sought on proposed new paediatric servicePosted: March 11th, 5:25pmThe two new GP-led organisations responsible for designing and paying for health services in Doncaster and Bassetlaw are drawing up plans for a new community-based paediatric service to care for children and young people and they want local people to help them by sharing their thoughts on the proposals.
This website is in the process of being decommissioned following changes to the structure of the NHS which came into force on 1 April 2013. NHS Doncaster (Doncaster Primary Care Trust) ceased to exist on 31 March 2013 when most of the organisation's responsibilities transferred to the new GP-led NHS Doncaster Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). We are currently developing the CCG's new website, which can be viewed at www.doncasterccg.nhs.uk. Some of the content from this site will also transfer to that site.
Equality and Fairness
Welcome to our Equality, Diversity and Human Rights section. The section contains our Single Equality Scheme 2009 – 2012, details of our Pacesetters project, information about our Equality and Diversity Steering Group and links to partner websites and information sheets.